Meetings are every the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm (on Microsoft Teams until further notice.) Everyone is always welcome to attend.
Our SCC Members:
Lacey Ellis (Chair), Cheri Haberstock (Principal), Colleen Schindel (teacher representative), Cathy Empey, Laura Piper, Angela Robock, Angie Wiebe, Lorelei Burnett, & Tracey Mathieson
The school's mission is to Achieve… Belong… Learn… Empower. Our mission is to help school staff and students to realize this mission by promoting communication between home, community and school.
SCC Purpose, Projects and Events:
- Be informed about Spruce Ridge School.
- Support Spruce Ridge School, contribute to the Spruce Ridge School Improvement Plan.
- Host the Back to School BBQ the night before school begins.
- Develop and implement a nutrition policy for our school.
- Welcome new families to our school community.
- Act as a focus group to provide input, discuss, and share programming for our school.
- Organize fundraising events to support a variety of school initiatives and projects (playground equipment, smart boards, special presentations, class trips, etc.). Oversee the spending of all funds raised by the school and SCC.
- Organize special events to develop a sense of community in our school (carnival, winter festival, character education activities, etc.)
- Help out at school events (reading programs, track and field day, hot lunch days, etc.).