The next SCC Meeting will be the 2017 AGM on Wednesday, October 11th, 6:00pm, CES Library .
Carlyle Elementary School Community Council:
“Your bridge between our school and community”
Like us on Facebook "Carlyle Elementary School Community Council" to get updates on school and community events and activities
The 2016 SCC AGM took place on October 14th . The new board for 2015/2016 is as follows: Bobbi Walbaum (chair), Jerri Lenius (secretary), Whitney Rasmussen, Jen Brady, April Eaton, Colleen Getten, Kellie Jones
CES Staff SCC members: Tyler Fehrenbach
Thank you to the following for completing their 2 years: Kathy Tomaszewski, Morgan Sutherland, Charmaine Standingready, Amber Morse.
Who is the Carlyle Elementary SCC?
- Teachers, parents or community members who meet once a month to share information and volunteer time towards projects that improve our school environment
- SCC meetings are always open for any parents with questions, concerns or great ideas! Please contact the school to find out when the next SCC meeting is being held.
What has the SCC done in the past?
- Raised over $23,000.00 with the “Jail ‘n Bail” and “Mom’s Pantry” fundraisers so the school could install a smartboard in each classroom
- Provided supper for the teachers on the evenings of the student-led conferences, and flowers during teacher appreciation week
- Donated $500.00 for “Pink Day” activities at the school
- Helped put a stop to the CN transfer station proposal in Carlyle
- Organized Family Movie Night in the school gym
- Organized Family Bingo and invited grandparents and seniors from the community to join us
- Organized an Indoor Walking Group for community members to have a safe, dry place to walk